Tomorrow, May 1st, thousands of SEIU members will be joined by leaders from the faith, civil rights and business communities in cities across the country to rally for comprehensive immigration reform. Their message is simple: This is not an immigrant problem, this is an American problem.
Where will some of SEIU's leaders be on May 1st?
- SEIU Executive VP Eliseo Medina will be speaking in New York with SEIU 32BJ Secretary Treasurer Hector Figueroa;
- President of Local 615 and SEIU vice president Rocio Saenz is scheduled to speak in Boston;
- SEIU Local 6 President Sergio Salinas is speaking in Seattle, WA; and
- SEIU ULTCW President Laphonza Butler is speaking in Los Angeles, CA.
Locations of May, 1 rallies and marches are as follows:
- San Jose, CA: March from Story Street & Kind Road to the San Jose City Hall (4:00 pm)
- Sacramento, CA: March from the steps of the Capitol Building (10:30 am)
- Oakland, CA: March from Fruitvale BART to the Federal Building (11:30 am)
- San Francisco, CA: March starting at 24th Street and Mission Avenue (11:30 am)
- Los Angeles, CA: March 9th Street and Broadway to LA City Hall (9:00 am)
- Washington, DC: March/Rally from Lafayette Square (1:00 pm)
- Chicago, IL: March from Union Park, 1501 West Randolph (1:00 pm)
- Everett, MA: March Everett City Hall (12:00 pm), pass through Chelsea, MA (1:00 pm) and end in East Boston at Lopresti Park (2:30 pm) with rally to follow
- Minneapolis, MN: March from MLK Park, Nichols and 41st Street to Stewart Park, 26th and 12th (2:00 pm)
- Albuquerque, NM: Concert/Rally at Plaza de Encuentro, 714 4th Street SW (6:00 pm
- New York, NY: March from Foley Square, Worth Street between Centre and Lafayette Streets (11:00 am)
- Houston, TX: March from Bellaire and Renwick, 5900 Bellaire Blvd (4:00 pm)
- Seattle, WA: March from Judkins Park, 611 20th Avenue South (12:00 pm)
- Milwaukee, WI: March/Rally from 1027 South 5th Street (10:30 am)