Better Care, Better Lives:
The Affordable Care Act At Work
Many Americans don't know the facts about how the healthcare law works or how to get better care. That's where we as SEIU members are really making a difference. A new SEIU report shares stories from members of our SEIU Healthcare family - stories of patients already receiving life-saving care thanks to parts of the healthcare law that went into effect right away. You'll also find many facts about how the law will affect you and your family in coming years.
- Tee McClenty of Minnesota shares how her son is healthier and she has financial security thanks to the expansion of coverage to young adults under age 26.
- Denise Ybarra of California is a mother who can sleep at night and not worry about her daughter's pre-existing condition.
- Geriatric nurse Linda Bock knows her patients at a Maryland clinic will not be forced to skimp on lifesaving medications any longer.
- Oncology nurse Kim Klinger sees how the law gives cancer patients in her Pennsylvania hospital a fighting chance.
- Michael Core, MD, delivers better preventive care to children at his Los Angeles community health center thanks to the law.
- Labor and delivery nurse Nadine White of Florida knows that no-cost preventive care will put us all on the path to better health and ensure healthier babies.
Download the PDF report in English here.
Para leer o descargar el reporte en Español visite: http://seiu.me/acaespanol
You can also view the embedded report right now in the screen below.
The Healthcare Law in 2012
To learn more about how the Affordable Care Act is affecting your community, visit SEIU's online healthcare resources hub.