Members drafted the vision for a just society
Our vision is of a union and a society:
- Where all workers and their families live and work in dignity.
- Where work is fulfilling and fairly rewarded.
- Where workers have a meaningful voice in decisions that affect them and have the opportunity to develop their talents and skills.
- Where the collective voice and power of workers is realized in democratic, equitable and progressive unions.
- Where union solidarity stands firm against the forces of discrimination and hate, against structural racism, and against the unfair employment practices of exploitative employers.
- Where working people can live in safe and healthy communities.
- Where government plays an active role in improving the lives of working people.